Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Daunting First Post......


Ah, the daunting first post! I thought I'd kick things off talking about a piece I finished recently that I really love. I made this amethyst agate geode necklace/bracelet set out of an Amethyst agate geode accented in the with a vintage brass angel encircled by a wreath and suspended by another pair of angels connected by a pair of 20mm faux glass pearls.   I decided that the beautiful purple satin ribbon was the perfect way to allow for flexible length selection allow you to adjust the length from a choker to 36" long for the opera.  The ribbon is the perfect soft accent for this bold free-form pendant that is an amazing 4" wide by 4.5" tall from the top of the angels to the bottom of the geode.

Now about the companion bracelet.... this is also an amethyst agate geode that has been mounted on a vintage floral engraved brass cuff.  The top of the geode is accented by another vintage brass stamped angel accented by floral vines and a pair of love birds.  The geode on the cuff measures 3.25" wide by 2" tall.  This cuff does have some flexibility to form to your wrist. 
This happens to be one of a collection of geode necklaces I've been working on for the past couple months with the attempt to compliment the color that nature has given each of these geodes. All of my geodes are obtained on the second hand market of garage sales, flea markets, estate sales, etc. I just love the large ones since they are such bold statements of nature. I have made a couple of these for myself as prototypes and they never fail to get people talking and exclaiming what a creative creation.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that necklace is beautiful!!

    Found you from Handmadeology Team on Etsy, following your blog if you'd like to check out mine to! www.cactusscraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete